Excursions included in the programme.
Please discuss with Manida
- Walk through the rice fields with Manida (1 - 2 hours). In July - August probably possible to plant some rice by hand. Included in programme.
- A walk to a forest temple wih a blissing from the monk (you are expected to donate somhing, talk to Manida what is appropriate, most likely 100 Baht). Included in programme (but make your own offering to the monks)
- Visiting several markets in the area (1,5 – 3 hours) (Baan Non Ya Pet, every day, Baan Don Noi – every day but a big market on Sunday; Tha Phra – big market on Monday). Included in programme.
- The Dino Waterpark in Khon Kaen. This brand new waterpark has a 200 meters long sand beach, 4 different spectacular slides, tall waves, a river 400 meters long and a restaurant. Children will love it, a bit pricy though: 400 Baht pp (200 Baht from 5.00 pm to 9.00 pm).
Manida will bring you for free and pick you up as well. Entrence fee not included.
- Patunaam covered market: everything you want to buy in four enormous halls with fans and airco. Great to buy clothes for yourself and gifts for friends! Very near the Dino water park so easy to combine! Included in programme.
- Outside Khon Kaen 10 km on the road to Udon Thani is a lovely Buddhist pilgrimage park called Wat Samlaan. Because of the many big bamboos, trees and waterfalls it is nicely cool. It is big: many acres of trees, statues, gardens and lakes. Afterwards you can relax in the shady restaurant. A great place to spend 3 or 4 hours wondering around in awe of Buddhist symbolism. Included in programme.
- Visit famous Wat Nong Wang Muang at Beung Kaen Nakhon lake near Khon Kaen (total 40 km); In the evening there is a very nice market there and you can have something to eat near the lakeside! Included in programme.
- A guided trip to Khon Kaen city by car, visiting markets, the shopping centre, the Khon Kaen National museum and to drink a good cup of coffee and use the internet; Included in programme.